The Mentorship and Continuing Education Committees are collaborating their efforts for a panel discussion on switching jobs. Recently, a number of CALL members have switched positions, where they have also switched library settings – for example, academic librarians have switched positions and moved to government libraries, firm libraries, and so on.
Join us for a lively discussion and brownbag lunch, where our panelists will describe their experiences, discuss how they transitioned their skillset, and give advice to other librarians considering making a change.
Where: Jenner & Block (353 N. Clark Street)
When: January 25, 2017 from Noon-1
Sign up here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8LKRK2K (Registration available until 1/24/2017)
Cost: $5 (to be collected at the door)
· Annie Mentkowski, Agency Librarian at United States Railroad Retirement Board
· Valerie Carullo, Client Success Manager, Government and Courts at Bloomberg BNA
· JoAnn Hounshell, Technical Services Librarian at Sidley Austin
· Katie Leonard, Senior Director of Client Engagement at LibSource
· Ben Brighoff, Competitive Intelligence Manager at Jenner & Block
Drinks will be provided.