Registration for the November CALL Business Meeting is open!
Click on the link to register: https://chicagolawlib.z2systems.com/np/clients/chicagolawlib/event.jsp?event=29&
Meeting Date: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Location: Ditka’s – 100 E. Chestnut Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Time: Registration & Networking starts at 11:30, lunch begins at 12:00 Noon
Joe Scally is a Clinical Case Manager at the Lawyers’ Assistance Program. He will be speaking about how to recognize and understand issues related to mental health and addition and how to make refer a colleague in need to LAP.
Menu – Entrees to be chosen on the day of the event
- House Salad – Iceberg, Romaine, Grape Tomato, Carrot, Red Onion, Cucumber, Garlic Crouton, Balsamic Vinaigrette (V)
ENTREES (Choice of one):
- Great Lakes Whitefish – Roasted Corn Butter, Crispy Onion, Herb Brown Rice, Seasonal Vegetable
- Gnocchi Calabrese – Asiago Gnocchi, Italian Sausage, Pancetta Bacon, Roasted Pepper, Spinach, San Marzano Tomato
- Mike’s Chicken Salad – Grilled Chicken, Goat Cheese, Cranberry, Apple, Candied Pecan, Balsamic Vinaigrette (GF)
- Vegetarian/Vegan option
- Freshly Baked Assorted Cookies & Chocolate Brownies
- Freshly Brewed Coffee & Assorted Hot Tea
Community Service Project
In connection with the November business meeting, the Community Service Committee is working with the Greater Chicago Food Depository. The Food Depository is Chicago’s food bank, partnering with over 700 agencies and programs including pantries, soup kitchens and shelters for children, older adults and veterans. This network distributes food where it is needed most throughout Cook County. Every day they distribute the equivalent of 164,000 meals and they rely on donors & volunteers to make it happen.
CALL is offering several opportunities to help the Food Depository.
- Food donations: Please bring any nonperishable canned and packaged foods (no glass) that have yet to expire to the business meeting. Most needed items include: Peanut Butter, Canned Beans, Canned Chili, Canned Soup, Canned Fruit & Vegetables, Canned Fish.
- Monetary donations: We will be collecting monetary donations at the business meeting. Additionally, we have set up a Virtual Food Drive, where you can contribute online: http://www.myfooddrive.org/#CALLfall2019
- Volunteer Day at the Food Depository: CALL members have an opportunity to donate their time during a Repack Session at the Food Depository on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 1:00 PM to 3:45 PM. The Food Depository is located at 4100 W Ann Lurie Place Chicago, IL 60632. All volunteers need to register with GCFD, which includes an Electronic Waiver. Registration Link: https://volunteers.chicagosfoodbank.org/index.php?section=indGpRegistrations&action=profile_conditional&fwID=22775
The Meeting is sponsored by TRG Screen. TRG Screen enables global enterprises to monitor and manage subscription spend & usage across the entire enterprise. They provide a usage management tool called ResearchMonitor and a business request management tool called Quest, among others.
Two gift cards will be raffled during the meeting courtesy of LexisNexis. Check out their InfoPro for news and tips for librarians.
Registration will close at 12:00 Noon on Friday November 1, 2019.
Note: You will have to log into Neon to register for the meeting. Enter “Not sure if you have an account or you forgot your login information?” to recover your account and reset your password. If you do not receive a password recovery email, please check your spam filter.