Jackson Lewis P.C. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Specialist to expand its staff of Innovation and Knowledge Management (IKM) professionals in a centralized Reference program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis in legal, business, and other subjects for attorneys, paralegals and staff throughout all offices of the Firm.
- Use appropriate online and print research resources to provide excellent practice support in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Utilize project management and planning skills to prioritize competing assignments, work within recognized budgetary constraints and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Create and maintain current awareness newsletters and alerts for ongoing monitoring of clients, industries, and special topics.
- Serve as IKM Liaison to several of the firm’s Practice and Industry Groups in order to assist with each group’s broad structure and content-related needs.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Skills and educational requirements:
- Master of Library and Information Science degree from accredited institution.
- At least two years of Reference/Research experience in law firm library or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic legal and business products.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of remote/centralized team.
- Able to perform at high level under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of databases and MS Office applications.
- Experience with labor and employment law is a plus.
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work. We strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Submit resume to KMInfoRecruiting@jacksonlewis.com. No calls, please.