The Satellite Librarian manages and maintains a satellite library providing all library service, information and materials required by federal circuit, district, magistrate and bankruptcy judges located in the Eastern & Western Districts of Wisconsin, as well as court staff, members of the bar, and the general public.
The incumbent also:
- Manages the operation of the library’s reference and research operations in Milwaukee.
- Establishes operating guidelines to implement procedures, methods and other changes for satellite library.
- Performs legal and non-legal research and reference services for judicial chambers and all court staff, members of the Bar, and the general public and contributes to collection management.
- Assists with public relations and outreach efforts and manages library technician in Milwaukee.
- Contributes to newsletters and other research guides for patrons; contributes with other librarians to library’s web pages and other online services.
- Provides education and training to court staff on Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg and other research sources.
- Occasional travel to court locations in Wisconsin, including Madison, Eau Claire, and Green Bay.
M.L.S. Degree or equivalent from ALA-accredited library school
J.D. or combination of education and law library reference and research experience.
Experience/skills in searching online legal/non-legal databases and Bluebook law review and scholarly citation knowledge.
Experience with an Integrated Library System (SIRSI preferred)
Minimum of two years of law library experience that provided an opportunity to acquire a thorough knowledge of the basic concepts, principles, policies, practices and theories of library management
Effective oral and written communication skills and strong customer service orientation.
Knowledge of library database systems and archives.
Previous, progressively responsible, supervisory experience.
Ability to telework when necessary and work an 8-hour day between 8:30-5:00 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.).
Ability to handle occasional moderate to heavy lifting.
Please forward resume with cover letter and resume with salary history electronically to:
Heidi Frostestad Kuehl
Circuit Librarian William J. Campbell Library of the U.S. Courts
219 South Dearborn Street – Room 1637
Chicago, Illinois 60604