The Faculty Scholarship Academic Assistant is part of the Faculty Support Team. Under the supervision of the faculty support supervisor, the Faculty Support Team assists faculty in their scholarship and academic work. The Faculty Scholarship Academic Assistant’s duties include proofreading, submitting, and marketing faculty scholarship; supporting faculty with their classes; assisting faculty with scholarship workshops and other events; day-to-day responsibilities such as working with documents and processing faculty expense requests.
Special Schedule Requirements
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 to 5:30 are customary hours, Monday – Friday. Hours may be modified to meet faculty needs; the applicant must be flexible. Full-time position.
Education & Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree in any field and at least one year of work experience in an administrative capacity. Preferred: Work experience in an academic environment.
Knowledge & Skills
– Strong proofreading/editing skills.
– Highly accurate typing skills.
– Strong skills with document formatting.
– Strong skills using spreadsheets for organization and calculation.
– Advanced skills with office suite products, such as MS Office or Google Apps.
– Capacity to learn new database or reporting software.
– Basic skills with Acrobat Pro.
– Experience managing upload of papers and other materials to a website.
– High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
– Extremely organized and self-directed, with attention to detail. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
– Customer-service-focused and flexible in meeting deadlines.
– Experience with course/learning management systems such as Blackboard.
– Experience working in a legal environment.
– Experience working with faculty.
– Experience working with students.
– Experience working with an institutional repository.
– Experience searching in academic research databases.
– Experience with event planning.
– Basic design skills.
Format, proofread, and prepare documents for publication; help market new articles by uploading documents to institutional repository and website.
Class Support – Assist with courses on learning management platform; reserve AV equipment and rooms as needed, assist with day-to-day class needs; help faculty prepare and manage exams and evaluations.
Project Support – Assist faculty with committee work; plan events; provide support to students; assist with design work; assist with reviewing new technologies for faculty use.
Day-to-Day Support – Assist faculty with day-to-day support needs such as help with documents and processing faculty expense requests.
Other Duties – Other duties as assigned.