The Research Specialist position provides non-legal research services for the Firm’s attorneys, paralegals, staff and clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs non-legal research in a wide range of topical areas including, but not limited to, business, corporate transactions, financial transactions, patent and intellectual property, and litigation for attorneys, paralegals, administrative staff and clients in local office and supports other offices, as required.
- Uses critical thinking to analyze each request and identify the best research resources for efficient and cost-effective resolution.
- Presents research results in a clear and logical manner, including analysis of the results and suggestions for further research.
- Maintains a superior level of expertise performing research using tools such as Westlaw and Lexis, as well as specialized tools such as CapitalIQ, Intelligize, ProQuest, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah, etc.
- Maintains specialized knowledge relating to patent research, IP ownership searching, corporate and financial transactions research.
- Requires ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Participates in the regular review and evaluation of new and existing electronic resources with the goal of improved service and research efficiencies.
- Participates in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Library’s intranet and research guides.
- Other administrative projects, as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, proactive person with a Master’s degree in library science, business, law, or the humanities.
- Candidate should have 2+ years of working research experience in a large law firm or corporate library and be knowledgeable about business, corporate transactional, intellectual property and legal research resources.
- Strong customer service orientation, ability to work independently as well as part of a firm-wide research team and capable of handling multiple tasks and setting priorities is essential.
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
How to Apply
Visit https://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/jobs/7379981-research-specialist. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click “Apply Now.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP (“K&E”) and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.