Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, an Am Law 50 international law firm, is seeking a Resource Facilitator and New Client Lead Assistant.
The position can be based in any of our U.S. offices. There is only one opening.
Successful candidate will possess a devotion to customer service, creative thinking, innovation, and team work. This position will require someone with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects with varying levels of difficulty.
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter in their online application.
- Assists the Senior Client Development Analyst performing tasks.
- Obtains court complaints.
- Provides resource access to practitioners throughout the Firm.
- Monitors and reports usage of resources to the Director of Research & Knowledge Services.
- Generates and maintains the Research & Knowledge Center’s event programming calendar.
- Assists the Senior Client Development Analyst in obtaining court complaints via third-party providers such as Bloomberg, Courthouse News, and CourtLink.
- Assists the Senior Client Development Analyst in additional projects and routine tasks such as tracking the efficacy of complaint procurement.
- Assists the Senior Library Assistant with onboarding and decommissioning of attorneys and support personnel by providing credentials to Casetext, Lexis, Westlaw, etc.
- Assists the Department Director and Digital Resources & Research Specialist in routinely evaluating the value of subscribed resources and related activities utilizing tools such as OneLog and Survey Monkey.
- Facilitates enhanced and appropriate resource use by working with both our external research partners and internal training teams to create educational programming.
Required Qualifications: Proven ability to work both independently and cooperatively is paramount. Good communications and writing skills are required. Ability to positively and directly interface with a large number of attorneys, secretaries, and outside vendors is required. Must be able to work overtime when needed.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in a law firm is preferred.
Required: Some College
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint.
Preferred: Some familiarity with research databases (such as Lexis, Westlaw, Cheetah, Bloomberg, etc.) is desired.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.