Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Research Librarian to join our dynamic research team working Central hours on a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
About the role
As a Research Librarian, you will be responsible for providing research services involving legal, business, and general information sources to attorneys, paralegals and staff using a variety of research tools. Other key responsibilities include:
- Conducting domestic and international legal and non-legal research utilizing appropriate tools.
- Compiling and organizing data from research projects into actionable results.
- Promoting awareness and point of need training about research resources to end users.
- Monitoring current legal and industry legal developments for practice groups and informing attorneys of important events through alerts, newsletters and other means.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Intellectually curious and have a passion for research and problem-solving.
- Proficient in litigation and transactional research.
- Collaborative and enjoy working as part of a team.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Research experience in a law firm or other professional service entity desired.
About the team
With offices in 14 countries, approximately 3,000 attorneys and over 2,500 professional staff, the key to our success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our global offices that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan.
- Employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
- And more
Additionally, we have a range of global affinity groups (including LGBTQ+ group, multicultural group, women’s group). These provide a platform for staff to share experiences, advice, and interests, encouraging a continued discussion on diversity.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by visiting the Latham & Watkins website and clicking the “Apply ” link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.