The Library & Research Analyst assists in providing quality library and research services to the entire firm. This position requires an individual who is detail oriented, dedicated to customer service and able to work quickly, efficiently, and independently for long periods of time. Excellent communication, organizational, and decision making skills are essential as the Library & Research Analyst works with all levels of attorneys and staff and must be ready to respond quickly and be able to shift priorities in order to meet the needs of attorneys and staff members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 plus years of library experience, preferably in a law firm environment
- Bachelor degree required; Master’s degree in Library & Information Science (or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge of online research databases, including Westlaw, Bloomberg, Proquest/Dialog, Thomson Innovation and other sources
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate clear and concise communication with others in a positive manner
- Ability to work with others effectively in a team that encourages diversity of thought and innovation
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit sound judgment, maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Ability to exhibit problem-solving skills and demonstrate initiative and accountability
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with fluidity amidst multiple projects, shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to adapt and accept changes in job responsibilities based on the strategic goals of the firm
- Flexibility to adjust hours as necessary in order to satisfy the essential functions of the position
Reports to: Library & Research Services Manager
To apply, visit https://www.marshallip.com/careers/.
Marshall Gerstein is committed to diversity, equity & inclusion and to the recruitment, retention, and advancement of the most talented and qualified professionals. We recognize that diversity at all levels of our firm, and the collective strength of our differences, enables us to better serve our clients, create enduring relationships, provide a platform for continued success, and improve both the vibrancy and innovation of our working environment.
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.