Under the supervision of the faculty support supervisor, the faculty support group assists faculty in their scholarship and academic work. The Faculty and Programs Support Assistant provides administrative support for the Chicago-Kent Legal Writing program; the Chicago-Kent Praxis program; the Chicago-Kent moot court and appellate advocacy programs, the Programs in IP, financial services law, and compliance law; and support for other law school full-time faculty as needed.
Duties include supporting program teaching needs in and out of the classroom, assisting students with program requirements, program event planning, and supporting the day-to-day needs of the full-time faculty.
Special Schedule Requirements
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 to 5:30 are customary hours, Monday – Friday. Hours may be modified to meet faculty needs.
Illinois Institute of Technology is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity within its community. It actively seeks applications from all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity and expression. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in any field and at least two years work experience in administrative support.
Work experience in an academic environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong proofreading/editing skills.
- Strong skills with document formatting.
- Advanced skills with office suite products, such as MS Office, Excel, or Google Apps.
- Extremely organized and self-directed, with attention to detail.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Customer-service-focused and flexible in meeting deadlines.
- Highly accurate typing skills.
- Capacity to learn new databases or reporting software.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Experience with course/learning management systems such as Blackboard.
- Experience with event planning.
- Basic skills working with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience working with faculty and students.
- Basic design skills.