We have the opportunity for an experienced Research & Knowledge Analyst to join the firm’s Knowledge Management department. The Research & Knowledge Analyst will perform legal and business research to support firm needs. The position reports to the Sr. Manager of Research Services and may be remote or hybrid.
- Provides research services for the firm’s attorneys and staff including quick reference and in-depth public records, legal, and business research using appropriate electronic resources
- Evaluates research results and provides concise summaries of findings
- Fields questions from attorneys and staff via phone, in person, and email, and escalates when necessary
- Acts as an advisor to attorneys and staff in the selection and navigation of resources
- Communicates with courts, court runner services, and vendors
- Accurately records billable and non-billable research in firm’s time entry system, in accordance with firm policy
- Monitors practice-specific, industry, legal, client, and subject topics through alerts created on online databases to keep attorneys and other staff members informed of current developments and activities
- Participates in the evaluation of new and updated versions of resources to determine if subscribing is warranted
- Participates in collaborative Research Services meetings (video conference)
- Conducts onboarding training for lateral attorneys and staff
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement as it relates to the position’s responsibilities
- Works on special projects to support Knowledge Management, other administrative departments, and practice groups
- Keeps abreast of available research tools applicable to the position’s responsibilities; developments with current research tools; and developments in research concepts, techniques, and methods
- Collaborates with the Knowledge Management team to develop and implement innovative products and services
- Participates in professional development through internal and external training and involvement in professional associations
- Maintains strict confidentiality of firm matters
- Models qualities and performance desired in firm employees, including attendance, professionalism, and quality work product
- Uses resources in compliance with firm’s policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MLS and/or JD preferred
- 5+ years of law firm library/research services experience preferred
- Proficient in use of Quest, Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, Lexis Practice Advisor, CHEETAH, Checkpoint, Courthouse News Service (CNS), LexisNexis Courtlink, PACER, HeinOnline, Hoover’s, Monitor Suite, Accurint, TLO, and other library research resources
- Possesses knowledge of cost-effective research techniques
- Ability to create online search criteria using stemming and operators
- Experience using integrated library systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as the Document Management System iManage FileSite
- Proficient in video conferencing tools Teams and Skype for Business
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, facilitating effective working relationships
- Strong attention to both detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time constraints and be able to thrive within the firm’s highly dynamic environment
- Team player, customer service focused, and adept at handling multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Keen interest in innovation and technology, and ability to quickly learn new platforms
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has more than 900 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for eight consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2019, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.