Michael Best & Friedrich – Competitive Intelligence Manager: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/JobPostingDetails.aspx?lawfirm=MiUyNTVFSms=&JobId=MW43Mm8lMjU2MA==&at=JTNhJTQwJTNiQQ
Michael Best & Friedrich is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Manager in any of our Colorado, Illinois, Wisconsin, or Utah offices. This is a hybrid role and allows the ability to work remotely up to 2 days per week. Under the leadership of the Director of Research Services & Competitive Intelligence, the Competitive Intelligence Manager provides business and competitive intelligence research and analysis in support of the firm’s strategic priorities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead business and competitive intelligence research and analysis efforts in support of the firm’s strategic plan
- Collaborate with Research Services and Business Development teams in support of attorney and client research needs
- Research, analyze and organize internal and external intelligence on key clients and prospects as well as competitors
- Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research within an industry or among peer firms
- Monitor alerts and news activity to support proactive industry and client initiatives and the development of best practices
- Manage CI team function, development and workflow
- Manage additional research and organizational functions as assigned
Knowledge Base & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited graduate program is preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role at a law firm or other professional services environment
- Knowledge of research resources commonly used in large law firms
- Understanding of the broad areas of law practiced by a full-service firm
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to develop relationships and foster teamwork at all levels of the Firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and discretion
Problem Solving Skills:
- Ability and confidence to identify and analyze issues, make decisions, and initiate actions/solutions
- Ability to respond to unexpected challenges, including proactively developing innovative solutions to complex problems while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate good judgment
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
This is an opportunity to work with the Best. We are Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP. We are a full-service law firm with more than 350 lawyers and technical professionals who work in collaborative, interdisciplinary practices to serve clients around the world.
We work with companies in all kinds of industries, as well as trade associations, nonprofits, educational institutions, governments, family trusts, and high-net-worth individuals. Since our firm’s founding in 1848, we’ve continuously evolved to meet our clients’ changing needs and expectations. One thing remains the same: For generations, clients have relied on Michael Best for exceptional legal service and business acumen.
We have offices in Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison, Manitowoc, Waukesha); Illinois (Chicago); Utah (Cottonwood Heights, Salt Lake City); Colorado (Denver, Broomfield); Texas (Austin); North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington); and Washington DC. Our contemporary office spaces are ideal for concentration and collaboration; supporting our culture of working together to make great things happen for our Clients. This position can be located in any of our Colorado, Illinois, Wisconsin, or Utah offices.
Why You Should Apply
At Michael Best, we are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards package that provides a variety of resources designed to enhance its employees’ overall well-being, both at work and at home. Competitive base pay, outstanding benefits, opportunities for learning and growth, all programs designed to help you plan for the future, and perks that inspire your downtime are all part of our total compensation package.
Learning and Growth
- Challenging and Dynamic Role
- Career Development Planning
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Specialized Training Programs
Health & Wellness
- Vision Care
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive Base Pay
- Annual Merit Review/Incentive Pay
- Outstanding Benefits
- Generous PTO Plus 9 Paid Holidays
Planning for the Future
- 401(k) with Company Contribution
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Long Term Disability Plan
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Parental/Family Leave
Culture and Workplace
- Respected organization with Collaborative Culture
- Growing Firm with an Exciting Future
- Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Contemporary Work Environment
- Positive and Respectful Work Climate
- Performance Recognition
This exempt position will be paid on an annual basis of $75,000 to $110,000 based on relevant experience.
This position is considered full-time and is therefore eligible to participate in employer-sponsored benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, as well as elective/voluntary life, disability, and accident coverage. All full-time employees are eligible to participate in the firm’s 401k plan.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal.
We are not accepting search firm submissions at this time.
Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Michael Best Strategies LLC, and Michael Best Consulting LLC (collectively known as “Michael Best”) are steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at 414.225.4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.