RESEARCH LIBRARIAN – Jones Day
Jones Day currently has an opening for a Research Librarian. This position may be located in any of our U.S. offices.
Application is available here.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Librarian is responsible for providing reference and research services to lawyers, paralegals and support staff. Primary responsibilities for this role include performing in-depth and complex business and legal reference and research duties, including responding to user requests for information from internal and external resources, onsite and offsite materials, and print and non-print media on legal, business and general topics. The Research Librarian is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients, lawyers and staff, producing quality work product and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Research Librarian must fulfill the needs of the Offices in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s visions and values.
- Perform online research using external databases and services included but not limited to Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, Intelligize, Capital IQ, Monitor Suite, Hein Online, etc.
- Utilize Quest database to receive, update, respond, and resolve requests.
- Create, update and maintain alerts, including tracking dockets, legislation, clients and news.
- Locate and obtain material through Document Delivery, Interlibrary Loan, and third party providers.
- Library Science degree preferred but will consider equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of four years demonstrated experience of law library resources, fundamentals, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of law library resources, fundamentals and procedures.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the local law.