The Research Analyst will provide high-quality, in-depth legal and non-legal research using online and print resources. The incumbent will support the firm’s practice area teams by providing key actionable insights that can be used to support better decisions through topic-specific research and analytic results.
Please note that the standard hours for this role will be based on the hire’s location.
Monday through Friday
Chicago: 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Central
Dallas and Houston: 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Central
Washington DC: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Eastern
- Conduct high-level, customizable research and analytics in legal, business and other subjects.
- Provide practice, subject, and/or industry research in areas aligned with the firm’s practice and business.
- Provide training on research strategies and resources.
- Develop and deliver presentations to attorney practice groups, colleagues and other departments on research tools and current developments.
- Advise on collection development including new databases, websites and print material.
- Keep up to date on industry current trends and best practices.
- Weekend day coverage is required as part of team rotation.
- Work on special projects or any other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
- MLS from an ALA accredited university or 3 years’ experience in a research environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school or other advanced degree.
- Strong technical skills, including familiarity with MS Office, SharePoint and other related technology tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.