February 2020 Business Meeting
Meeting Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020
Location: Maggiano’s Little Italy – 516 N Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654
Time: Registration & Networking starts at 11:30, lunch begins at 12:00 Noon
Brandon Moseberry, a Partner at Baker McKenzie, focuses his practice on data privacy, cybersecurity, social media, advertising, and marketing issues in the context of advisory matters, related to new technologies and data privacy law compliance (e.g., GDPR, CCPA), data security incident response, corporate transactional matters, and government inquires and investigations. He will be speaking about GDPR in its current state and the implications for researchers in the legal environment.
Click on the link to register: https://chicagolawlib.z2systems.com/np/clients/chicagolawlib/eventRegistration.jsp?event=35&
Menu (served family style):
- MOZZARELLA MARINARA ~ Breaded mozzarella fried and served with our marinara sauce.
- SAUSAGE & PEPPERS ~ Italian sausage, roasted peppers and caramelized onions.
- ITALIAN TOSSED ~ Iceberg lettuce, arugula, Kalamata olives, red onions, pepperoncini and garlic croutons; served with an Italian vinaigrette
- SIX-CHEESE CANNELLONI, ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE ~ Six Italian cheeses rolled in a crepe shell and baked with a roasted tomato sauce and seasoned breadcrumbs.
- CHICKEN PARMESAN ~ Breaded chicken breasts baked with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.
- OVEN-ROASTED PORK LOIN, BALSAMIC CREAM SAUCE~ Pork tenderloin served in a portabella and balsamic cream sauce; served with garlic mashed potatoes and portabella mushrooms.
* Vegan entree available upon request
- CHOCOLATE ZUCCOTTO CAKE ~ Chocolate cake layered with Sambuca chocolate mousse, iced with chocolate frosting and dusted with cocoa powder.
- NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE ~ New York style ricotta cheesecake topped with fresh berries and whipped cream
Community Service Project:
In connection with the February business meeting, the Community Service Committee is working with the Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program (LAP). We will be collecting monetary donations in several ways:
- In person: There will be collection containers on your table during the meeting (make checks payable to Lawyers’ Assistance Program).
- Online: Go to https://illinoislap.org/mental-health-donations/ and enter “CALL member” under employer field. You can use a credit card or login to pay via PayPal.
- Telephone: Call LAP at 800-LAP-1233 and say you are a CALL member who would like to make a donation.
LAP is a non-profit organization that helps Illinois lawyers, judges and law students. Joe Scally, Clinical Case Manager at LAP, was the guest speaker at our November meeting. Lawyers come to LAP for personal support or to seek out help for a colleague with complete assurance of confidentiality. LAP’s free and confidential services include: counseling, support groups, assessments, education, peer support, and intervention. Lawyers are professional problem solvers, but they are also uniquely vulnerable to a number of stressors that can threaten their health, personal lives, and, most especially, their livelihoods. LAP works with lawyers to enhance work life satisfaction and to prevent stressors from jeopardizing a lawyer’s life and practice. Call 800-LAP-1233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you want to connect with LAP, you can find them on the following social media: Twitter @illinoisLAP, Instagram @illinoislap, Facebook @illinoislap, LinkedIn: Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program
This meeting’s sponsor is Wolters Kluwer.
Two gift cards will be raffled during the meeting courtesy of LexisNexis. Check out their InfoPro for news and tips for librarians.
CALL No Show and No Walk in Policies for Business Meetings
Registration will close at 12:00 Noon on Friday January 31, 2020
Note: You will have to log into Neon to register for the meeting. Enter “Not sure if you have an account or you forgot your login information?” to recover your account and reset your password. If you do not receive a password recovery email, please check your spam filter.