Using the Discussion Forum
The CALL Discussion Forum is hosted by the University of Chicago. Messages may be posted to:
Discussion Forum Guidelines
The CALL Discussion Forum is provided for general discussion for members of the Chicago Association of Law Libraries. Only CALL members may post to the list. Appropriate topics for the list include:
- CALL committee news
- CALL meeting and education event reminders
- notices of CALL membership changes
- requests for volunteers for CALL activities
- discussions of issues related to our jobs
- hard to find ILL requests
- informal surveys
- news of interest to the Chicago law library community
Do not use the discussion list to promote or market commercial products.
Discussion Forum Rules and Conditions
The following are the rules and conditions of participation in the Chicago Association of Law Libraries Discussion Forums. By subscribing to and participating in this Discussion Forum, users hereby agree to be bound by and warrant their full compliance with the following terms of participation:
- This Discussion Forum is a service provided by the Chicago Association of Law Libraries in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes. This Discussion Forum may be used only by Chicago Association of Law Libraries members and only for the purpose of discussing matters related to or arising out of the Law Librarian profession represented by Chicago Association of Law Libraries.
- Chicago Association of Law Libraries accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Discussion Forum by others. Chicago Association of Law Libraries disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Discussion Forum, whether posted by Chicago Association of Law Libraries or others; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Chicago Association of Law Libraries be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this Discussion Forum.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal information or material, and do not utilize the Discussion Forum in any illegal manner. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Do not use any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners. Do not post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain. The posting party further warrants and represents that it otherwise has the full and unencumbered right to post such material and that such posting will not infringe any rights or interests of others. In addition, the posting party grants Chicago Association of Law Libraries and users of this Discussion Forum a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or material in any manner, without payment to the posting party.
- Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this Discussion Forum is prohibited. Do not use the Discussion Forum to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users’ products or services, in any manner. The Discussion Forum may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation other than customary fees for interlibrary loan service.
- Chicago Association of Law Libraries does not generally monitor this Discussion Forum for inappropriate postings, and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorized use of the Discussion Forum is brought to Chicago Association of Law Libraries’ attention, including but not limited to prohibited posting and usage as outlined herein, Chicago Association of Law Libraries will take all appropriate action, in its sole discretion. Chicago Association of Law Libraries reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, the Discussion Forum access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Discussion Forum Etiquette
- DO add a descriptive subject line to all messages. For example: ILL request; Free books for postage, etc.
- DO sign all messages. Please include your name, affiliation, and contact information.
- DO remember to unsubscribe from your old address and re-subscribe from your new address whenever your email address changes.
- DON’T use the list for longer items. Please use the CALL website and CALL Bulletin for those. You may e-mail out a brief announcement in which you include the URL for a longer item.
- MEMBERS MAY send attachments, but these must be limited to text-type files (Word, PDFs, text files, HTML) which are under 3 megabytes.
- DON’T use the discussion forum for personal opinions unrelated to CALL or the field of law librarianship.
- DO remember to contact the CALL Discussion Forum administrator if you need any help.
Discussion Forum Administrator
Britnee Cole is the CALL Discussion Forum administrator. You may send her a message at email@example.com.