CALL Grants are available to CALL members throughout the year. Grant funding is available for all types of continuing education programs, including attendance at the AALL Annual Meeting. Members must demonstrate their need for funding support in the grant application. CALL members are encouraged to apply for a grant for AALL or other programs of interest. For more information, please contact the current Grants & Chapter Awards Chair, Jamie Sommer.
- Grant Application – CALL Grants Application
- Send completed applications to Grants & Chapter Awards Chair, Jamie Sommer.
- Past Grant Winners
- An applicant must be a current member of CALL with the current year’s dues paid at the time of application.
- An applicant should have demonstrated participation in CALL activities such as program or meeting attendance, committee work or holding office. First-time applicants will receive priority.
- Factors that the committee will consider are suitability of the educational program/meeting/workshop to the professional development of the applicant; contribution record of applicant in CALL and/or AALL; potential or proven ability of the applicant in the field of law librarianship; and financial need.
- Members may receive grants to events, such as conferences, workshops and special institutes, in support of professional development when the topic is of importance to law libraries or the profession.
- A member will only be awarded one grant in a fiscal year, which runs from September 1st through August 31st. An application for another grant can be made when three years have passed since the award of the prior grant. For example, an applicant that received a grant in 2010-2011 would not have been eligible to receive a grant in 2014-2015.