Position Title: Business & Legal Research Analyst
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Austin, Houston, or Minneapolis (hybrid or fully remote)
Daily schedule (preferred): 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT
- 2 years of experience conducting research in a business, corporate or legal setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or related field
- Knowledge of legal, business, scientific, and general research resources and methodologies
- Knowledge of Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg Law, and VitalLaw product suites
- Knowledge or ability to learn multiple research platforms including, but not limited to, Capital IQ, FactSet, Pitchbook, Docket Navigator, PatBase, and many others
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for setting up current awareness and litigation alerts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research skills including an ability to think critically about research tools, conduct cost-effective and efficient research, compile research results, summarize data, and communicate methodology and results clearly.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and track vendor training and communication.
- Experience with reviewing and evaluating new and existing electronic resources with an eye toward improved service and research efficiencies.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuing education through conference and webinar attendance and participation in local and national associations
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and on weekends as needed. We have a rotating weekend on-call schedule (approximately once a quarter).
- MLIS or JD
- Law firm experience
- Experience with Quest request management system
- Experience with Vable
What will your day look like?
You will manage your own workflow by claiming and completing research requests in Quest in a timely and efficient manner. As a research generalist, you will handle requests along a wide spectrum of topics, including but not limited to, legal, business/corporate, IP, public records, legislative history. You will be the point person for coordinating vendor and internal training.
You will participate in the regular review and evaluation of new and existing electronic resources, with an eye toward improved service and research efficiency. You will participate in continuing education by attending workshops and webinars for professional development and regularly review professional literature. You will work with other researchers who are aligned with specific practice groups to support their resource needs.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website.
Physical Demands, Work Environment, and Other Requirements
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
Agency applications will not be considered.