Employer Name: Arnold and Porter
Position Title: Business Intelligence Research Manager
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Intelligence Research Manager. This position will work 100% virtual/remote in a firm-approved U.S. state as part of the “Gideon” office. The Business Intelligence Research Manager provides firm lawyers and other business professionals with company, competitor, and market information and analysis that will aid in the development of new business and achievement of strategic goals and tactical objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing external and internal databases and research tools to extract and distill information into intelligence that informs client development and other strategic initiatives.
- Producing in-depth research and analysis on companies, industries, markets, and competitors.
- Synthesizing and delivering objective and meaningful insights in concise and compelling ways.
- Monitoring the news for key developments and opportunities, and proactively distributing findings to relevant practice, industry, and client relationship teams.
- Engaging proactively with assigned areas to stay informed on evolving issues and market conditions.
- Participating in the strategic development of practice, industry, and client development plans.
- Conducting occasional lateral research aligned with practice, industry, and client development objectives.
- Closely collaborating with colleagues across the Marketing and other firmwide departments, including Research Services, Finance, and Information Technology, to promote knowledge and information sharing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced Degree a plus.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the legal industry. Previous roles must have provided a variety of research and analytical perspectives and frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of the regulatory area as well as an understanding of transactional and litigation practice areas; additional background in TMT, consumer products & retail, aerospace, and/or energy industries a plus.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, statistics, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in searching and extracting information published by information aggregators, including Bloomberg (including Bloomberg Government), Thomson Reuters (including Monitor Suite), Capital IQ, and LexisNexis; experience with OpenSecrets, LDA filings, and the federal System for Award Management (SAM) a plus.
- Proficiency (or the ability to become proficient quickly) in use of the firm’s internal CRM, matter management, and financial reporting databases.
- Demonstrated ability to analytically review information and evaluate its reliability, completeness, relevance, and relative importance to the assignment.
- Ability to interact effectively with attorneys and key personnel to manage and exceed expectations and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Ability to synthesize and scale communications into various lengths for consumption by busy decision-makers.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects, and meet strict deadlines.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $113,600 to $170,400. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy and childbirth (including breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Our Firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. For purposes of the firm’s Anti-discrimination, Anti-harassment and Affirmative Action Policies, the term “race” includes, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.