Employer Name: Arnold and Porter
Position Title: Marketing Technology Analyst
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Marketing Technology Analyst. This role can be located in the Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or Washington, DC office or can work 100% virtual/remote in a firm approved U.S. state as part of the “Gideon” office. The Marketing Technology Analyst is instrumental in the continued success of the Marketing Department’s key experience/knowledge management software platform, Litera’s Foundation Firm Intelligence Software. Continually motivating the team to use Foundation to improve how we work, the Analyst is responsible for gathering feedback from users, assessing data quality, and planning improvements that address the needs of constituents across the firm, including lawyers, Marketing, IT, Finance, Practice Management, Compliance, Matter Intake, Business Development, and Recruiting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the firm’s top expert in Foundation’s front-end interface and back-end configuration while serving as the Foundation advocate within the firm to encourage maximum adoption.
- Working with the Director of Business Development to continually look for opportunities to expand ways for the team to use the firm’s industry-leading experience database platform.
- Working with the team to optimally use existing data types as well identify new data types that could be integrated from firm and third-party sources with the goal of improving the operations and work product of the Marketing Department.
- Working with the team to create and improve reporting processes and reports that provide value added resources for practice groups as well as insights that can lead to improvements by the team.
- Engaging with users on their use of Foundation and what functions, processes, and data would make the tool even more useful. As part of such efforts, survey the Marketing team and other personnel as part of a user feedback process that leads to more effective and efficient use of Foundation.
- Exploring new ways for the firm to get full value from the experience database platform, including use by departments outside of Marketing.
- Developing and making recommendations on configuration options, workflows, processes, and fields on the platform.
- Creating effective communications including documentation for various stakeholders on the use of experience resources and other data types in Foundation.
- Preparing experience data and other types of data, including addressing data quality issues, for migration into the system.
- Interfacing with IT on joint projects relating to Foundation, including integrations and APIs.
- Actively participating in Foundation and knowledge management user groups and conferences to identify best practices and ideas for maximizing value from the Foundation platform.
- Leading training and support for Marketing and other personnel on the effective use of the software. Educating users on features to get the team to use Foundation more efficiently.
- Working in partnership with Business Development team members and attorneys.
- Devising internal processes and procedures for best practices in using Foundation.
- Periodically assisting in entering experience information data into the database. Working with the Marketing Database Assistant (who is primarily responsible for data entry projects) as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior experience working at a professional services firm
- Prior experience as a legal assistant/paralegal/attorney or in legal marketing a plus.
- Experience with spreadsheets and databases required.
- Experience with “experience” databases a plus, especially with software of the Foundation Software Group.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to work effectively with various stakeholders in different departments of the Firm.
- Excellent project management skills and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Understanding of law firms and of the scope of work handled by large law firms.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Experience documenting and communicating processes and workflows as well as managing data and data entry.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Possess exceptional judgement and professionalism.
- Ability to define goals and follow through to achieve results.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional client service to internal stakeholders.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $85,000 to $110,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy and childbirth (including breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Our Firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. For purposes of the firm’s Anti-discrimination, Anti-harassment and Affirmative Action Policies, the term “race” includes, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.